Bride donates wedding feast to the hungry
The wedding she’d joyfully and meticulously planned for months was not going to happen.
Instead of letting the beautiful hotel banquet hall sit empty and allow the delicious food to be wasted, she offered the meal to people in need.
Her family called Salvation Army Captain John Bennett and with the help of two local bus companies, they filled the room with 150 men, women and children from our shelters.
The bride’s heartbreak was turned into a lovely, unexpected treat for people who are often overlooked or invisible.
:: Click this link to watch an interview with the bride’s dad, Mac Shafer, on NewsFirst5 in Colorado Springs:
We want to thank her and the whole Shafer family for their kindness and generosity.
- Feeding Hungry Families with the NBA’s Clippers
- Urban garden feeds the hungry and teaches skills
- The longest night of the year
- The Army / Navy assault on hunger
- New, digital-only PI features Idaho Kroc Center
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.