Celebrity Yard Sale Draws the Crowds!
The Salvation Army was the beneficiary of the celebrity items sold and auctioned at the event. And, our Los Angeles area Thrift Stores each had a booth where they displayed and sold some darn good stuff!
I managed to pick up a beautiful Danish modern chair from our Canoga Park Thrift Store. And, from the number of red Salvation Army shopping bags dotting the crowd throughout the day, it looks like a lot of other shoppers went home happy too.
The proceeds from the event went to support Salvation Army programs to help hungry and homeless people in Los Angeles and to provide no-cost drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs for those who desperately need them.
Here is a Flickr slideshow of images from the event:
- Save the Date: Rick Dees’ Hollywood Yard Sale on July 18 at Dodger Stadium
- Calling all Thrift Store shoppers!
- Brand New Salvation Army Thrift Store in the OC
- Army explores e-commerce ideas!
- The Salvation Army and Target are good friends!
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.