Los Angeles Made a Million Meals for Haiti
Numana, our ministry partner, provided the food, the packing equipment and the know-how and The Salvation Army staff prepared the site and recruited the volunteers.
A few members of each team of 12 poured rice, soy protein, seasoning and vitamin powder into specially-prepared plastic bags. Others weighed and sealed the bags while two or three patted them down so they’d fit into shipping-ready boxes.
After 24 hours of focused meal packing activity we managed to finish our 1 millionth meal at three minutes before our 8 o’clock deadline! Once the last of the provisions was carefully bagged and packed, the official meal count came to 1,022,736.
Thank you to everyone who helped make it possible for one million hungry Haitian people to have a healthy meal.
Here’s a photo slideshow of the event for you to enjoy:
Photo credit: John Docter, Salvation Army USA Western Territory
Also, click here to see the YouTube playlist of short videos of the Million Meals for Haiti event produced by our very own Melody Paton, Public Relations intern extraordinaire!
- Help Make a Million Meals for Haiti
- Almost a million nutrient-rich meals are on their way to Haiti
- More from our Western Territory correspondent in Haiti
- UPS is very generous, but they’re not shipping your donations to Haiti for free!
- Hospital Chaplain in Haiti Shares Highlights of Her Day
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.